Being a governor is a rewarding way of making an important contribution to education. It can help you develop your existing skills and learn new ones.
The duties of the College’s Governing Body include:
• setting the strategic direction, policies and objectives of the College
• approving the budget
• reviewing progress against the budget and objectives
• challenging and supporting the Senior Leadership Team
• playing a part in appointing staff.
The Governing Body makes its decisions based on the advice of committees. It is accountable for:
• the use of public funds
• the quality of education provided by the College
• the wider contribution to the community.
The Governing Body is made up of:
• staff representatives
• community governors, including parents
• other local sponsors, like businesses.
If you would like to contact the governors, or become a governor, please contact the Clerk of Governors at email@example.com